In this article, I’d like to share my travel tips for Jeongbang falls, including how to get there, ticket prices, what to see, and more.
What to see in Jeongbang falls?
A fantastic landmark for photographers, this 23m-high waterfall is just a 15-minute walk east of Seogwipo center.
A unique feature about Jeongbang falls is that the water goes directly into the sea. Its two cascades falling down the cliff creates a thrilling sound amidst the beautiful scenery.
Depending on the amount of rain, the waterfall flow can be up to 8m wide. The source of the falls is from the Donghong-chun stream.
I love the sound of the waterfall and the breeze of the wind. Also, its surrounding scenery with cliffs and old trees makes a picturesque setting.
There is also an observatory at the top of the cliff. You can enjoy great views of the waterfall and the sea from there.
While swimming is not recommended here, you can still dip your toes into the water at low tide and get close to the waterfall. The rocks near the water are pretty slippy, so be careful when you get there.
I suggest taking your time, sitting on one of the rocks, and enjoying the fantastic view and nature. You can also wait 10 to 20 minutes for the tourists to leave and have the scenery all by yourself.
On your trip to Jeongbang waterfall, you may see the famous Haenyeo group of female divers on the island. Usually, they sell what they have just collected.
Best time to visit Jeongbang falls
The best time to visit Jeongbang waterfall is from April to June and September to October. There will be little rain, and you can enjoy outdoor activities.
Morning (9 am – 10 am) and afternoon (around 3 pm – 5 pm) are the ideal times to visit the waterfall.
How to get to Jeongbang Waterfall
- Address: Chilsimni-ro 214beon-gil, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do
- Open: 9 am to 7 pm (Last entry: 6pm)
There are three ways to get to Jeongbang waterfall:
- From Jeju Airport: Take Limousine No. 600 and get off at Paradise Hotel. Here you walk about 5 minutes according to the directions on the way to Jeongbangpokpo Waterfall. The travel time is about 1 hour 35 minutes.
- From Jeju Intercity Bus Terminal: Take bus number 780 or bus number 730 to Seogwipo-si. You get off at Dongmun Rotary (roundabout). The travel time is 2 hours.
- You can also join the Southern Jeju island tour. This tour will take you to most of the famous landmarks in Southern Jeju, including the waterfall.
From the car park, it’s a short 5-minute walk to the waterfall. There’re 130 stairs, though, but you’ll be rewarded with a fantastic experience.
Jeongbang Falls entrance fees
- Adults: 2,000 won / group: 1,600 won
- Children: 1,000 won / group trip: 600 won
After purchasing your tickets, keep them with you as the staff will check for them near the entrance.
Food and drinks
You will see a few food and drinks vendors near the falls’ entrance. I tried the orange juice, and it was yummy!
I recommend packing some snacks and water if you plan to do more hiking.
Where to visit after Jeongbang Waterfall
To prepare for your Jeju trip, check some of my guides below.