Visiting Phu Quoc island, in addition to relaxing on white-sand beaches, we also discover a lot of exciting things from the primeval forests. One of our favorite places was an organic Phu Quoc bee farm, located in the island’s northern part.
How to get to Phu Quoc bee farm
Getting to Phu Quoc island
You can easily travel to Phu Quoc island by flight or ferry. Below is the transportation guide.
Getting to the bee farm
Located near the buffer zone of Phu Quoc primary forest is the destination of beekeeping.
Phu Quoc bee farm is located in Hamlet 2, Cua Can commune.
From Duong Dong town, you can drive to the intersection of Cua Can Bridge, turn right and continue for about 3km near the entrance to Nguyen Trung Truc’s relics.
Things to do at Phu Quoc bee farm
Enjoy honey tasting
Hopped off our bike, we walked into the bee farm and welcomed the staff here.
They showed us the bee tasting area and explained the different flavors and the benefit of each one.
We were impressed by the coffee honey and wildflower honey flavor, not so much with the garlic honey.
Buy honey gifts
Next to the bee tasting area was a souvenir section. There was a wide range of products to choose from.
Relax at the cafe
We also tried out some honey drinks and food at the cafe. The menu was interesting, with many items made from honey.
Take the bee tour
After relaxing at the cafe, we joined the farm tour with other guests.
We first visited the organic garden, where they farmed different flowers and trees. We could spot cashew, durian, jackfruit, and pineapple.
While walking in the garden, we saw several bee houses.
Our guide carefully explained about the bees. We learned lots of useful information on the value of honey bees, along with how to protect them.
Things we love about Phu Quoc bee farm
- The area is refreshing and quiet, very suitable for relaxation.
- The staff is friendly and knowledgeable.
- The garden is beautiful. There are many types of flowers, such as cajuput, sim, white eucalyptus, cashew, etc.
- The cafe is pleasant, serving honey drinks and snacks. They also use bamboo straws to protect the environment.
- The bee tasting area has many exotic tastes.
- You can stay overnight at this place.
- The tour was informative. We learned a lot about the bees and the surrounding natural environment.
Other places to visit in Phu Quoc
After a Phu Quoc bee farm trip, here are other sites on the island that you should visit.