Are you traveling to Phu Quoc island soon? Don’t miss the opportunity to cross the sea in the cable car and see the entire An Thoi archipelago from above.
In this article, you will find all the necessary information about the Phu Quoc cable car, as well as our review from our trip.
This article includes the following sections.
- General information
- Admission fee
- Opening hour and Schedule
- Where to stay
- How to get there
- Things to see and do
- What to pack
- Tips for enjoying the best of your day
About Hon Thom Phu Quoc cable car
Where is Hon Thom Phu Quoc Cable Car?
Phu Quoc cable car station is in An Thoi town, Southern Phu Quoc.
With a length of 7899.9 m, the cable car will take you from An Thoi Station via Hon Dua, Hon Roi, and then to Hon Thom Station in Phu Quoc.
With the cable car, you can shorten your trip from An Thoi to Hon Thom island (Pineapple island) to just 15 minutes, instead of 30 minutes by boat.
How high is Phu Quoc Cable Car?
There are six sturdy pillars, with the fourth highest tower reaching a height of 174 m. Therefore, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery of the An Thoi archipelago from above.
How many people in one Phu Quoc cable car?
There are 36 cabins, each of which can carry up to 30 people on a trip.
The cable car operates continuously, so you don’t have to wait. Please note that you’ll need to show the return ticket so don’t forget to keep it.
Hon Thom Phu Quoc cable car admission fee
I. How much are Phu Quoc cable car tickets?
There are two groups: Phu Quoc cable car ticket and combo.
a) Round trip to Pineapple island
If you buy at the Sun World Hon Thom entrance fee, the price for a round-trip is listed below.
- Adult: 300,000 VND
- Child (1.0-1.4m) 250,000 VND
- Child under 1.0m: free ticket
However, you can buy tickets from Klook to get discounted fares:
- Adult (children over 1.4m): 275,000 VND
- Child (1.0-1.4m): 240,000 VND
- Child under 1.0m: Free
b) Phu Quoc cable car ticket combo
Currently, at Hon Thom, you can also enjoy a buffet at the restaurant on Hon Thom beach and have fun at Aquatopia water park.
The Phu Quoc cable car ticket combo includes
- Hon Thom Cable Car and Lunch buffet at Hon Thom
- Cable Car and Aquatopia Water Park
- Hon Thom Cable Car, Aquatopia water park, and Lunch buffet at Hon Thom
II. What does the Phu Quoc cable car ticket include?
Hon Thom cable car ticket is currently applied as a paper card with its QR code printed or QR code on the phone.
When you buy Hon Thom cable car tickets, you will be able to use the following services:
- 2-way cable car An Thoi – Hon Thom – An Thoi
- 2-way beach shuttle bus
- Service at Pineapple beach: kayaking
III. Where to buy Phu Quoc cable car tickets?
a) At the ticket booths
You can buy Phu Quoc cable car tickets at the ticket booths at the station’s entrance.
However, there are some disadvantages to this
- There are often long lines at the counters
- You’ll have to pay full price
- You’ll receive paper tickets and have to keep it all the journey
So I recommend purchasing tickets in advance!
b) Online via Klook
The best way to purchase Phu Quoc cable car tickets in advance is via Klook.
I’ve used this website many times, and it’s always been quick and easy.
Here are why you should buy Phu Quoc cable car tickets online
- Skipping the line: You don’t need to wait in a long line to purchase tickets. After buying a ticket via Klook, you will receive your QR code, no need to exchange for physical tickets, and you can use it at the machine.
- Not paying at full price: You will receive discounts while booking tickets online.
- Option for Buffet: You can enjoy the tasty dishes at a buffet restaurant with a small additional payment.
- Phu Quoc cable car tour: If you’re interested in taking tours, you can also sign-up.
Phu Quoc cable car Opening hours & Schedule
The cable car operates according to the following time frame:
- Morning: 8 m – 12 pm
- Lunch break: 12 pm – 1:30 pm
- Afternoon: 1:30 pm – 7 pm (6 pm stop accepting arrivals)
Best places to stay in Phu Quoc
The best areas to stay in Phu Quoc are Duong Dong town and An Thoi town, where you can reach other attractions easily.
For Duong Dong town
There are several hotels and resorts in this area, and my favorite is Salinda Resort Phu Quoc.
How to get to Phu Quoc cable car
The Phu Quoc cable car’s shuttle bus service from Duong Dong town to Hon Thom cable car is currently suspended.
Therefore, you’ll need to get there by bike, taxi or tour.
From Duong Dong town, you can follow Tran Hung Dao street to An Thoi cable car station. It’s about 23 km and takes approximately 30 minutes.
To get to Phu Quoc island, you can check these articles
Our Phu Quoc cable car experience
We spent a day exploring Southern Phu Quoc island and taking the cable car.
The An Thoi archipelago looks impressive from above. Around Pineapple island, there are many aquaculture areas. If you stay here for 2-3 days, you can join a squid fishing tour with fishers at night and dawn.
Hon Thom park
Arriving at Hon Thom station, we continued exploring the park. It was not huge but pleasant to walk around.
We first went to Polynesian village, where we spotted a beautiful lake with many amusing statues.
The Lantern house was a nice stop, as well. The architecture was fascinating! There are performances here at 11:15 am and 1:15 pm daily (except Tuesday).
Aquatopia water park
The themes include the “mysterious desert island” and “aboriginal island,” Aquatopia water park is divided into many mysterious areas.
It offers visitors a fun day to discover the beautiful life in the ocean, the rich tropical forests, and the adventure on the deserted island.
The Pineapple beach
From the park, we went to Pineapple beach by electric car. Several cars were waiting in line, so we didn’t need to wait and just hopped on one.
The ride to Pineapple island was about 5 minutes, and here the beach appeared. The water was so clean, and we love how stunning the area is.
Paid services at Pineapple island
Visiting Pineapple island, you should try diving and watching coral. This island has one of the most beautiful corals in Vietnam.
Also, paragliding is a risky game but worth experiencing on this island. Each flight allows up to 2 people, depending on the wind situation.
From above, you can admire the whole scenery of Hon Thom and colorful coral reefs. You will be in the air for about 5-10 minutes, and the ticket price of 600,000 VND / person.
Equally exciting is the Jet Ski, a fascinating game for speed enthusiasts.
After a few minutes of listening to the instructions, you can launch comfortably on the vast sea. The ticket price is 550,000 VND for 10 minutes of fun.
What to pack for your trip to Pineapple island
Here is the list of what to bring
- Swimsuit or Bikini: There are changing rooms near the beach
- Hat: It’s quite hot at noon, so prepare wide-brimmed hats if you don’t want to be tired or dizzy. Moreover, this is also an accessory that helps you look more stylish.
- Towels: The rental fee is 50,000 VND per towel, so you should prepare in advance.
Tips for visiting Phu Quoc cable car
- You’ll need to keep your cable tickets for 2-way travel and return, so you must keep your tickets carefully. If lost, you will have to buy the return ticket.
- Download your tickets in case there’s no internet/ wifi
- Hon Thom beach area is quite sunny, so don’t forget to bring umbrellas, hats, and suncream