Which airport is the best to fly into Vietnam? How to book flight tickets? Which airlines to use?
In this travel guide, you’ll find useful information about airports in Vietnam and tips to organize a fantastic trip.
Things to know before flying
If it’s your first time visiting Vietnam, it can be confusing.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Vietnamese airports. You can check more tips on planning an awesome trip to Vietnam.
How many airports are there in Vietnam?
Currently, Vietnam has 12 international airports and 10 domestic airports. At the airports, you can find shops, restaurants, and other services.
What is the best airport to fly into Vietnam?
Depending on your vacation itinerary, there are three international airports where you can fly into Vietnam. For Northern Vietnam, select Noi Bai international airport. For Southern Vietnam, Tan Son Nhat international airport is a good choice. For Central Vietnam, pick Da Nang international airport.
How to book flight tickets?
What are domestic airlines in Vietnam?
What are the best airlines to use in Vietnam?
Personally, I like flying with Bamboo Airways and Vietnam Airlines. They both provide excellent services on time. Vietjet and Jetstar, on the other hand, are low-cost airlines but occasionally have cancellations or delays.
International airports in Vietnam
Currently, there are about 12 international airports in Vietnam.
Depending on where you want to travel and what region of Vietnam you want to visit, you can fly into the following airports.
- Noi Bai International Airport: Northern Vietnam.
- Da Nang International Airport: Central Vietnam.
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport: Southern Vietnam.
|1||Nội Bài||HAN||Hà Nội|
|2||Tân Sơn Nhất||SGN||Hồ Chí Minh|
|3||Đà Nẵng||DAD||Đà Nẵng|
|4||Vân Đồn||VDO||Quảng Ninh|
|5||Cát Bi||HPH||Hải Phòng|
|8||Cam Ranh||CXR||Khánh Hòa|
|9||Liên Khương||DLI||Lâm Đồng|
|10||Phù Cát||UIH||Bình Định|
|11||Cần Thơ||VCA||Cần Thơ|
|12||Phú Quốc||PQC||Kiên Giang|
Domestic airports in Vietnam
Domestic airports in Vietnam are much smaller in scale than international airports. These airports mainly serve domestic travel needs (Do not operate international routes).
|1||Điện Biên Phủ||DIN||Điện Biên|
|2||Thọ Xuân||THD||Thanh Hóa|
|3||Đồng Hới||VDH||Quảng Bình|
|4||Chu Lai||VCL||Quảng Nam|
|5||Tuy Hòa||TBB||Phú Yên|
|7||Buôn Mê Thuột||BMV||Đắk Lăk|
|8||Rạch Giá||VKG||Kiên Giang|
|9||Cà Mau||CAH||Cà Mau|
|10||Côn Đảo||VCS||Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu|
Map of airports in Vietnam
Main international airports in Vietnam
Noi Bai International Airport
Noi Bai International Airport is the largest airport in the North, about 30 km from Hanoi.
The airport’s facilities and services are highly rated. There are spacious lounge areas, restaurants, and shops. However, at peak times, it is still inevitably overcrowded.
In both terminals of Noi Bai, you can find SleepPods if you need to take a nap.
You can check it out and make a reservation for VATC SleepPod Terminal 1 and VATC SleepPod Terminal 2 here.
- Address: Phu Minh, Soc Son, Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Getting from Noi Bai airport to Hanoi: You can take bus no. 90, taxi, or private transfer. Read more details here.
Tan Son Nhat International Airport
If you’re waiting for international flights, you can opt for a sleep zone. For a few dollars, you can relax and sleep. SASCO Sleep Zone is in the Departure Hall, International terminal, 2nd floor, near gate 27.
- Address: Truong Son street, Tan Binh district, Ho Chi Minh
- Getting from Tan Son Nhat airport to Saigon center: Booking a private transfer is the best. From Tan Son Nhat to district 1 takes about half an hour.
Da Nang International Airport
Da Nang International Airport is the largest airport in the Central and Central Highlands regions in Vietnam.
- Address: Hoa Thuan Tay, Hai Chau, Da Nang, 3km from the city center
- Getting to Da Nang: Traveling by taxi or Grab is easy and quick because it is not far to get to the city center (3 km) or to the beach (5 km).
- Getting from Da Nang to Hoi An: You can book a private transfer or a shuttle bus to Hoi An.