1. Duong Lam ancient village
Only about 50km from Hanoi, Duong Lam ancient village will take you into the old space with mossy red roof houses, unique laterite walls, banyan trees, wells, and communal houses.
The best way to explore this village is by walking or cycling because you can explore the town without breaking the tranquility and peace here.
Duong Lam village still retains the color of time through these sites
- Mong Phu communal house: It was built 380 years ago, 1800m2 wide, imbued with Vietnamese – Muong architecture, simulating the architecture of stilt houses with wooden floors.
- Mr. Hung’s old house has been built since 1649, nearly 400 years, with 12 generations living here.
- Mrs. Dien’s old house (built 200 years ago)
- Mong Phu Catholic Church
2. Tam Dao
Located about 86km from Hanoi, Tam Dao is an ideal mountain getaway in Northern Vietnam.
Nature and time give Tam Dao magnificent scenery: dreaming and fanciful clouds, houses along the mountainside, and fog on the top of the mountain.
There are not too many tourist attractions in Tam Dao, but it is enough for you and your travel partners to explore in 2 days one night here.
On the first day, you can explore Tam Dao stone church, Silver Waterfall, and enjoy the local dishes. On the next day, rent a bike to explore the scenery and relax at the homestay.
3. Ninh Binh
Located about 100 km from Hanoi, Ninh Binh is currently one of the most popular destinations in Northern Vietnam.
Ninh Binh has a rich history and cultural values, majestic scenery, beautiful caves, and an impressive pagoda. Here are some suggestions for places to visit in Ninh Binh
4. Cuc Phuong national park
Cuc Phuong National Park is a nature reserve with vibrant flora and fauna.
This place is a perfect weekend destination from Hanoi and an opportunity to learn more about nature and the environment.
There are many activities that you can do at Cuc Phuong national park, such as
- Walk or cycle in the primeval forest
- See wildlife at night
- Look out for birds, reptiles, amphibians, and insects
- Visit biodiversity spots
- See Thousand-year-old tree and Son Cung Cave
5. Dai Lai lake
Only about a 1-hour drive from Hanoi, the fresh, natural space in Dai Lai will help you escape the hustle and bustle.
Coming here, you can admire the beauty of Dai Lai lake, visit Bat Cave, fishing, campfires, etc.
Sample Dai Lai Lake itinerary for two days, one night
- Day 1: Depart from Hanoi to Dai Lai, visit Dai Lai Lake and Bird Island. After meals and lunch breaks, see the pine forest. Enjoy dinner.
- Day 2: Visit buildings in the Flamingo area such as wine cellar, Opera Hall convention center, vegetable garden, and grass hill.
6. Ba Vi
Ba Vi is also a not-to-be-missed destination near Hanoi for two days if you love mountain scenery.
The Ba Vi National Park is located in Ba Vi district, only 60 km from the center of Hanoi, about 2 hours by motorbike.
This charming place has romantic forests embracing the three highest peaks, Tan Vien, Vua, and Ngoc Hoa peaks.
This area also has a lovely small pine forest, an ideal place for sightseeing and picnicking. You can either drive or park outside and walk on the winding concrete road.
Some best places to visit in Ba Vi are
- Thuong Temple
- Historic area K9
- Ba Vi National Park: with a cactus house and pine hill
- Amusement parks such as Ao Vua – Khoang Xanh, Thien Son – Suoi Nga
7. Moc Chau
Moc Chau Plateau is a budget weekend getaway from Hanoi for those who love romantic scenery. It has a large area with a cool climate, impressive landscape, and easy travel from Hanoi.
Coming to Moc Chau, you cannot miss these remarkable destinations:
- Thung Cuong village
- Pa Phach village
- Moc Chau tea hill
- Ban Ang pine forest
- Tay Tien Forest Park
- Moc Chau Happy Land
- Son Moc Huong Cave (Bat Cave)
- Na Ka plum valley
- Long Sap border gate
- Laos market
8. Mai Chau
Bordering Moc Chau district of Son La, Mai Chau valley is a perfect destination to immerse in nature and explore the lives of the Thai ethnic.
There are many beautiful places to visit in Mai Chau, including
- Thung Khe Pass
- Mai Chau flagpole
- Exhibition house of Thai – Mai Chau cultural artifacts
- Mural Village in Hai Son, Mai Chau
- Gò Lào Waterfall
- Mo Luong cave
- Chieu Cave
- Lác, Poom Coọng, Văn, and Bước village
9. Tram Mountain
Tram Mountain is located in Chuong My, Hanoi, only 25km from the capital. This area is ideal for spending a relaxing weekend with your friends or partner.
Tram Mountain has gentle slopes with green grass so you can climb safely and camp.
Most services, such as camp rental, guides, or parking, are only available at the foot of the mountain. Therefore, you need to prepare food to bring when coming here.
10. Bat Trang pottery village
In just over 30 minutes by motorbike from the capital, you can get to Bat Trang pottery village.
Here, you can see and buy some ceramic products in the market or try making pottery in small shops.