How to get from Noi Bai airport to the Hanoi center?
The distance from Noi Bai airport to Hanoi is about 30km long, and there are two main options that you can choose from:
- Option 1: Private transfer. A great choice if you are traveling in a group or prefer comfortability. Book it here.
- Option 2: Bus. The cheapest option but also is not convenient.
- Option 3: Taxi.
Below is more information on the means of transportation from Noi Bai airport to the center of Hanoi. Each option has its advantages and disadvantages.
About Noi Bai Airport
Noi Bai Airport has two passenger terminals:
Passenger terminal T2: serving international flights including many airlines such as Vietnam Airlines, Korean Air, China Airlines, Thai Airway, Japan Airlines, Cathay Pacific, etc.
Note: The distance between the two passenger terminals is quite far, so you can travel by free Shuttle Bus provided by Noi Bai Airport.
Special services available at Noi Bai airport:
- Catering, duty-free sales, gift shops
- Baggage storage service, baggage packing
- Bedroom service at Noi Bai airport
These will be two main routes for passengers to travel from Noi Bai Airport to Hanoi and vice versa.
Noi Bai Airport to Hanoi Private transfer
The journey takes approximately 40 minutes, depending on the traffic.
- Convenient and comfortable transfers
- Air-conditioned van up to seven travelers
- Easy to find the meeting place
- The cost is cheaper than Grabcar or a traditional car
- 4 seater vehicle: 2 Passengers + 3 Medium-sized luggage
- 7 seater vehicle: 5 Passengers + 5 Medium-sized luggage
- 16 seater vehicle: 10 Passengers + 10 Medium-sized luggage
If you travel from Hanoi to the airport for your departure, consider booking some spare time in case of a traffic jam.
Noi Bai Airport to Hanoi Bus
Traveling by bus from Noi Bai airport to Hanoi is the cheapest choice. However, you need to take into consideration of the pros and cons below:
- It has an affordable price
- It’s environmentally friendly
- It has a long travel time.
- The bus can be very crowded and no sitting at peak hours
- Not too convenient. It’s difficult if you travel with lots of luggage.
- You still need to walk or get a taxi to get to your hotel.
Bus 86 – the high-quality airport bus
You should take bus number 86 at Terminal 1 or 2 after landing at Noi Bai airport.
- Hanoi (Le Duan): 5h10 – 22h30
- Noi Bai Airport: 6:30 – 23:30
Frequency of operation: 25 – 30 minutes/ trip
Ticket price: 30,000 VND per person
Information on Bus 86
This bus has a separate cabin for drivers and large luggage storage space for passengers.
Also, it is equipped with an audio system in both Vietnamese and English, and LGD display system, a Led screen displaying service and route information, a surveillance camera system at the front and rear doors, and free wifi service.
Also, the bus has seats for the elderly, pregnant women, children, and people with disabilities.
Because the bus has a capacity of 80 passengers but only 25 seats, some passengers will have to stand throughout the journey, especially at peak times.
Bus from Noi Bai airport to Hanoi city center
- Terminal 1 -> Terminal 2 -> VAECO Company –> Au Co – Lac Long Quan (523 Au Co str)–> Au Co – Xuan Dieu stop -> bus stop at intersection Yen Phu – Cua Bac -> Long Bien Transpoint station -> 142 Tran Quang Khai –> Hanoi Opera House -> Hanoi Melia Hotel -> Hanoi Train Station
Bus from Hanoi to Noi Bai airport
- Hanoi Train Station -> bus stop opposite the Melia Hotel -> Hanoi Post Office (Buu Dien Bo Ho) -> 23 Hang Tre –> Long Bien Transpoint station (E11) -> bus stop at intersection Yen Phu – Cua Bac -> bus stop at intersection Au Co – Xuan Dieu -> Au Co – Lac Long Quan (468 Au Co) –> VAECO Company –> Terminal 1 -> Terminal 2.
Noi Bai Airport to Hanoi Taxi
There are different taxis from Noi Bai to Hanoi parked at the airport, such as Noi Bai Taxi, Mai Linh, and Taxi Group. The fair price is about 300,000 to 350,000 VND per time.
- Advantages: excellent service, fast and safe, no worries about the luggage. Also, you will arrive at your hotel without any transfer.
- Disadvantages: The price is higher than public transport. Sometimes you may get scammed and have to pay a lot.
Grab is a popular ride-hailing service in South East Asia.
After arriving at Hanoi airport, you can choose the destination and check the price. The price can get higher if there is high demand. Going from Noi Bai airport to Hanoi Old Quartet costs about 300,000 to 350 000 VND for a 4-seat car.
I highly recommend booking Grabcar instead of taking a random taxi at the airport. As the price is fixed, the driver cannot charge you higher.
Getting around Hanoi Vietnam
To get around Hanoi, you can walk or use transport such as bicycle, motorcycle, public bus, taxi, or Grab.
If you stay at Hanoi Old Quarter, you can walk to other attractions easily. I stayed at Little Charm Hanoi Hostel a few times and loved it. The boutique hostel has a swimming pool, good breakfast, free beer hour, and friendly service.
Renting a bicycle to explore the capital of Vietnam is an excellent idea. In addition to protecting the environment, cycling also helps you relax and enjoy the ancient and charming Hanoi.