Dong Hoi city in Quang Binh province is home to many cultural values and outstanding natural landscapes, such as Phong Nha National Park. If you’re planning a trip from Hanoi to Dong Hoi, check our guide below for the ticket prices, timetable, and how to book online tickets easily.
The distance between Hanoi to Dong Hoi is 503 km, and there are three ways to travel between the areas:
- By air: Bamboo Airways offers a daily flight, and the trip takes about 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- Railway: There are daily trains for the North-South route. The estimated travel time is 11 hours.
- By road: follow National Highway 1A (CT1) and AH1. The journey takes about 9 hours.
|Flight||1 hour||$30||Book tickets|
|Train||11 hours||$21||Book tickets|
- Guide: A trip to Dong Hoi without visiting the Phong Nha cave is a miss! Check out my Phong Nha Guide and plan your trip.
- Accommodation: We enjoyed our stay at Dolphine Home in Dong Hoi city. The host is friendly, helpful, and well prepared in everything. Also, the location is convenient for travelers as it’s in the city’s center.
- Tour: Explore Phong Nha by kayak is my favorite experience. You can book it here.
- Transport: Book your ticket from Hanoi to Dong Hoi.
Hanoi to Dong Hoi flight
- Duration: 11 hours
- Cost: $30 (air ticket)
Flying is the fastest way to get to Dong Hoi.
The average ticket price ranges from $30 ~ $50. However, please note that these are only reference prices, and they may change from time to time or promotions. You can book tickets online here.
|Vietnam Airlines||13:15||14:25||Book tickets from $30|
|Bamboo Airways||16:15||17:15||Book tickets from $30|
How to get from Hanoi city center to Noi Bai airport?
Noi Bai Airport is 27 km from Hanoi city center. You can take a taxi, airport shuttle, or bus to get to the airport.
- Taxi: The price is based on meter fare. Depending on your location, the average cost to Noi Bai airport is from 200,000 VND to 400,000 VND/way.
- Public bus: You can take route 07 (Noi Bai – Cau Giay); Route 17 (Noi Bai – Long Bien).
- Airport bus: Noi Bai – Quang Trung (inner Hanoi), price: 40,000 VND/way.
I recommend booking an airport shuttle service. You can make a reservation, set the time, and set the number of seats in advance, so there is no waiting time. Especially if you travel in a large group, this service saves costs and offers a hassle-free experience.
How to get from Dong Hoi airport to Dong Hoi city center?
Dong Hoi Airport is about 6 km north of the city center. The travel time from the airport to the city center is about 15-20 minutes, depending on the means of transport.
A taxi from Dong Hoi airport to the center is about 80,000 – 120,000 VND.
If you want to catch the bus, you have to walk from the airport to the bus stop on the main road, about 1 km from the airport.
You can choose from some bus routes going through the airport: Route B1 (Dong Hoi – Ba Don), route B2 (Dong Hoi – Kien Giang), or route B4 (Dong Hoi – Phong Nha).
Hanoi to Dong Hoi train
- Duration: 11 hours
- Cost: from $21
Another option to get to Dong Hoi from the capital is by train. Again, it’s safe, reasonably priced, and convenient.
Prices for AC seats start from $21 and sleeper beds from $30. I recommend booking a sleeper cabin as it’s a long journey, and a sleeper is generally more comfortable. You can book tickets online here.
Tips: You can read my Vietnam train travel guide for more information.