How to get from Hanoi to Ninh Binh?
Hanoi to Ninh Binh Train
Taking a train from Hanoi to Ninh Binh is a recommended option for travelers, as you can enjoy the stunning landscape along the way.
The earliest departure time from Hanoi is 6 am, and the latest is 8:10 pm. We recommend taking the early train from Hanoi to explore Ninh Binh in the morning.
Seat types and ticket fares
- Hard seat
- Soft seat
- Hard berth (6 berths per cabin)
- Soft berth (4 berths per cabin)
The ticket price starts at 70 000 VND ($3) for a hard seat. If you travel from Hanoi in the early morning (6 am), you should book a berth if you’d like to relax.
-> Read Vietnam Train Travel Guide for more information
The railway from Hanoi train station to Ninh Binh station is about 115 km
- Hanoi Railway station: 120 Lê Duẩn, Hoàn Kiếm District, Hà Nội
- Ninh Binh Railway station: 1 Hoàng Hoa Thám, Thanh Bình Ward, Ninh Bình
Ninh Binh train station is located in the city’s center, so you can easily get to other attractions.
Hanoi to Ninh Binh Bus
Traveling from Hanoi to Ninh Binh by bus is another option. Frequent buses depart from Hanoi, and the journey takes 1.5 hours (with Non Nuoc Ninh Binh) or 2.5 hours (with Queen cafe).
Non Nuoc Ninh Binh
Non Nuoc Ninh Binh is a well-trusted transportation service providing comfortable 8-seat limousines for Hanoi to Ninh route and vice versa.
- Time: 1.5 hours
- Cost: 150 000 VND (~$6.4)
Why you should book with Non Nuoc Ninh Binh
- High-quality cars with modern and new interior equipment
- Depart on time with a fixed schedule
- Good and friendly service
- Free wifi during the journey
If you travel with a baby or with family, we recommend booking three seats at the back to be more comfortable and have more room.
- Hanoi stop: Entrance of FLC Building, 36 Phạm Hùng, Mỹ Đình 2, Nam Từ Liêm, Hà Nội
- Ninh Binh stop: Bến Xe Phía Đông, Trần Nhân Tông, Vườn Hoa, Bích Đào, Ninh Bình
Queen Cafe Open bus offers high-quality sleeper buses from Hanoi to Ninh Binh. There’s one bus run daily from 6 pm to 8:30 pm.
- Time: 2.5 hours
- Costs: 165,000 VND (~$7)
- Queen Cafe Hanoi stop: 208 Trần Quang Khải, Tràng Tiền, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội
- Ninh Binh stop: 46 đường 27 Tháng 7, Nam Bình, Ninh Bình
Hanoi to Ninh Binh by private car
If you travel in a group, you can take a private car to Ninh Binh. You can book a private transfer from Hanoi to Ninh Binh easily.
Is it possible to visit Ninh Binh in one day?
The answer is yes, but you will miss many amazing attractions. You should spend at least two days or three days exploring Ninh Binh.
There are plenty of things to see and do in Ninh Binh, for example
Day trip from Hanoi to Ninh Binh
On your own
If you’d like to visit Ninh Binh in one day, you can take the early train or bus from Hanoi. After 1.5 hours (with buses) or 2.5 hours (with trains), you can get to Ninh Binh.
From there, you can rent a bike or catch a cab to explore the city.