Ho Chi Minh to Bao Loc Vietnam: Transport Guide
Are you planning to visit Bao Loc? How to get from Ho Chi Minh to Bao Loc, Vietnam?
The distance from Saigon to Bao Loc is about 180km, and the travel time is about 5 to 6 hours. You can travel to Bao Loc by bus, car, or motorbike from Ho Chi Minh city.
This article is a complete transportation guide from Ho Chi Minh City to Bao Loc, including ticket prices, timetables, and online booking tips.
Ho Chi Minh to Bao Loc bus
Frequent buses depart from Ho Chi Minh City to Da Lat, and most of them stop at Bao Loc.
We usually use the services of Thanh Buoi and Phuong Trang and prefer the latter one. The average ticket price is about 180 000 VND per person.
Note: At the moment, you can’t book tickets online due to social distancing.
Ho Chi Minh to Bao Loc by bike
You can also travel to Bao Loc by bike. The journey takes about 5 hours, including rest along the way.
The route is about 170km and for both motorbikes and cars.
- From Ho Chi Minh City, you start in the direction of Saigon bridge and then go to Hanoi highway about 18km to the overpass at the Vung Tau intersection.
- Then you turn right, go about 5km, then go straight along Vo Nguyen Giap street.
- You go all the way to Vo Nguyen Giap about 12km, turn right and continue on Highway 1.
- From here, you go another 18km, come to Dau Giay junction, then turn left onto Highway 20.
- Then you go straight in the direction of National Highway 20, about 75km to the territory of Lam Dong province. From there, you continue to follow the direction of Highway 20, about 40km to Bao Loc city.
Ho Chi Minh to Bao Loc by car
There’s another way to get to Bao Loc if you travel by car.
This route is about 180km and only for cars.
- From Ho Chi Minh City, you drive in the direction of the Thu Thiem tunnel, then enter the Ho Chi Minh City – Long Thanh – Dau Giay highway.
- After going all 55km of the highway, you turn left to go to Highway 1 about 4km and then turn right to National Highway 20.
- From here, you go straight in the direction of National Highway 20 for about 75km to reach Lam Dong province. From there, you continue to follow the direction of Highway 20, about 40km to Bao Loc city.
Best things to do in Bao Loc
I’ve written an article about the best things to do and see in Bao Loc here. In brief, you shouldn’t miss Dambri waterfall, Nam Phuong lake, and Tam Chau tea fields.