If traveling to Nha Trang by plane, you will land at Cam Ranh airport, which is quite far from Nha Trang city center.
How to get from Cam Ranh Airport to Nha Trang? How far is it? How much does it cost?
In this transportation guide, you will find useful information from Cam Ranh Airport to Nha Trang by private car and bus, including timetable, ticket prices, and tips.
About Cam Ranh airport
Cam Ranh airport is located on Nguyen Tat Thanh street, Khanh Hoa province. It’s about 35km from the city center.
Currently, there are 3 domestic airlines operating at Cam Ranh airport: Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet, and Bamboo Airways. Domestic routes are:
- Nha Trang to Hanoi
- Nha Trang to Da Nang
- Nha Trang to Ho Chi Minh City
Cam Ranh International Airport also welcomes flights from international airlines such as Korean Air and Asiana Airlines.
Cam Ranh airport to Nha Trang: Overview
The distance from Cam Ranh airport to Nha Trang is 35km. It takes about 45 minutes to get from the airport to Nha Trang, depending on the route and means of transport you choose.
Taking a private car is the most convenient and hassle-free option to get to Nha Trang city center. A private transfer costs about 350,000 VND ($15/ €14).
If you travel on a budget, a bus is a great choice. The fare from the airport to Nha Trang city center is 60,000 VND ($2.6/ €2.5). Buses are suitable for groups of less than four people.
|Private car||45 mins||$15 (€14)||Check car options|
|Bus||1 hour||$2.6 (€2.5)|
Cam Ranh airport to Nha Trang private car
Taking a private airport transfer is the most convenient option to travel from Cam Ranh airport to Nha Trang and back.
You can select your favorite car and the time, making trip-planning much easier.
Cam Ranh airport to Nha Trang bus
Taking a bus is a suitable option for budget travelers.
Dat Moi and Phuong Trang (FUTA) offer frequent services from Cam Ranh airport to Nha Trang and vice versa. The ticket is just 60,000 VND ($2.6/ €2.5) per person.
The bus journey is 60 minutes per trip with a frequency of 30 minutes.
- Advantages: Cheap fares. If you travel alone or with another person, you can save money compared to taking a private transfer or taxi.
- Disadvantages: Long waiting time, not suitable when you go in a large group or carry a lot of luggage.
- 0 km to 10 km: 10,000 VND/way
- 10 km to 20 km: 20,000 VND/time
- 20 km to 30 km: 30,000 VND/time
- Whole route: 60,000 VND/time
- The monthly ticket price is 800,000 VND/month.
Here is the schedule for bus No. 18.
There are 32 buses daily (64 rounds) from Nha Trang to Cam Ranh airport and back. Below is the bus schedule from Nha Trang city to Cam Ranh airport and vice versa.
The earliest bus departs from Cam Ranh airport at 5:30 am.
|No.||Nha Trang||Cam Ranh||No.||Nha Trang||Cam Ranh|
This bus route is convenient as it stops at many attractions and hotels in Nha Trang. The itinerary is as follows:
- Nha Trang Station (August 19 Stadium) No. 10 Yersin (opposite the medical service center of Khanh Hoa Provincial Hospital)
- No. 10 Tran Hung Dao (Provincial Library)
- Nguyen Thien Thuat
- No. 1 Tran Quang Khai (In front of the Vietnamese Village restaurant)
- No. 86 Tran Phu (In front of Agribank’s guest house)
- 96A Tran Phu (In front of Tai Loc Hotel)
- No. 102 Tran Phu (Opposite Resot Anamandara, Anna Beach) No. 14 Hoang Dieu
- 17A Nguyen Duc Canh, Crossroads of Binh Tan Bridge, Hon Ro
- Phuoc Dong intersection
- Phuoc Loc intersection
- River Lo (Diamond Bay)
- Long Beach
- Cam Lam Roundabout
- Cam Ranh Airport