Are you planning to visit Vietnam? You may need to apply for an e-visa, depending on your nationality and length of stay.
So, how to apply for a tourist visa? What are the steps that you need to take?
Read this article for more information, from which visa type to the procedure of visa applications.
Vietnam Entry requirements
From 15/8/2023, you can easily travel to Vietnam with just your passport and visa. There’s no need for a negative covid test or insurance.
Vietnam visa types for foreigners
Vietnam visas are divided into three categories:
- Tourist visa
- Business visa
- Visas for other purposes (study, relatives, etc.)
You can now apply for an eVisa tourist visa (3 months) or a business visa (3 months with a sponsored company).
You can also get a visa exemption if you are from certain countries. Please check this section for more information.
Where to apply for a Vietnam visa
Foreigners wishing to travel or work in Vietnam or overseas Vietnamese who no longer hold Vietnamese nationality must apply for a visa before entering Vietnam.
Currently, there are two places to apply for a Vietnam visa:
In this article, we’ll focus more on a tourist visa.
From 15/8/2023, Vietnam grants e-visas to all countries with a 3-month visa term and has the right to enter 13 airports, 16 land, and 13 sea border gates of Vietnam.
You can apply online through the Ministry of Public Security Portal.
The fee for an e-visa (3 months, multi-entrance) is 50 USD, and a single entrance is $25. You can pay online when doing online procedures.
Application is typically processed within 03 working days(**) after the e-visa fee has been paid with sufficient and valid information.
(**) The working days exclude the weekend and national public holidays.
How to apply for Vietnam e-Visa
Here are step-by-step instructions to apply for Vietnam e-Visa. Please note that your passport must be valid for at least six months.
Step 1: Prepare the required documents.
- One 4×6 passport photo in .jpg format with a white background, without glasses
- One photo in .jpg format of your passport page
- Points of entry and exit
- Your temporary address in Vietnam
- Debit or credit card for payment
Step 2: Click here to apply.
Step 3: Upload your passport photo and data page images. Fill out the required fields and submit your form.
Step 4: Pay te-visaisa fee.
Step 5: Within three working days, you should receive email news of your e-Visa application.
Step 6: Download and print the e-Visa.
How to check the e-Visa result
To check your e-Visa result, follow these steps:
• Step 1: Visit the page: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/tra-cuu-thi-thuc or https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/bocongan/tracuu.
• Step 2: Provide the required information, including the Application number, to check and PRINT OUT your visa result on paper.
For e-Visa support, please contact the Vietnam Immigration Department or click the link: https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/lien-he.
Vietnam visa exemption
1. Citizens of these countries are allowed to stay for 45 days: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the UK, Northern Ireland, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Belarus.
2. Citizens of Brunei and Myanmar are granted bilateral visa-free entry for no more than 14 days.
3. Citizens of the Philippines are granted bilateral visa-free entry for no more than 21 days.
4. Citizens of Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Cambodia, and Laos are granted bilateral visa-free entry for no more than 30 days.