Getting from Lien Khuong Da Lat Airport to city center
If it’s your first time visiting Da Lat by plane, you may wonder how to safely get from Lien Khuong Da Lat Airport to the city center.
Read this article to know your options.
Lien Khuong Airport (DLI) is located on Highway 20 in Lien Nghia Town, Duc Trong District, Lam Dong Province, Vietnam.
The airport is about 28 km from the center of Da Lat City.
There are three main options to travel from Da Lat airport to the city center.
- Option 1: Private transfer. You can book your private transfer from Da Lat airport to the city here.
- Option 2: Taxi
- Option 3: Airport bus
Lien Khuong Da Lat Airport to city center by private car
- Duration: 1 hour
- Cost: $9
Taking a private transfer is an excellent way to get from Da Lat airport to the city center.
You can travel in a comfortable and hassle-free way and have a driver pick you up at the airport arrival hall or your hotel lobby.
You can choose from these options to suit your travel group
- Toyota Vios, Chevrolet Cruse, Hyundai Elantra, Mazda 3, Kia Rio
- Suitable for groups of 2 or less
- It can fit two pieces of medium-sized luggage
- Toyota Innova
- Ideal for groups of 4 or less
- It can accommodate four pieces of medium-sized luggage
- Mercedes Ford Transit
- Suitable for groups of 12 or less
- It can fit 12 pieces of medium-sized luggage
- For international flights: The driver will wait up to 2 hours after your arrival without charge
- For domestic arrivals: The driver will wait up to 1 hour after your arrival without charge
- No surcharge pick up and drop off for locations within the city area
- Please be at the hotel lobby 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time
- The driver will wait for you up to 30 minutes from your pick up time
Lien Khuong Da Lat Airport to city center by taxi
- Duration: 1 hour
- Cost starts at $12
Taxi is a convenient and time-saving option to travel from Lien Khuong Airport to Da Lat city center.
However, the taxi price is quite high, usually from 250,000 to 300,000 VND, depending on the taxi company and the type of car (four seats or seven seats).
Mai Linh, Thang Loi, and Dalat Taxi are some well-known taxi companies that you can choose from:
You should discuss the price before starting your departure.
Lien Khuong Da Lat Airport to city center by bus
If you travel light, taking a bus is an affordable option. However, it has some disadvantages, such as:
- Airport buses usually stop early, around 6 pm.
- You will have to move more by taxi or walk to get to the hotel
Below are some buses from Lien Khuong airport to Da Lat that you should choose:
Airport Shuttle Bus
- Route: No. 1 Le Thi Hong Gam – Lien Khuong Airport and vice versa
- Operation time: 6 am to 6 pm
- Ticket price: 40,000 VND per ticket
From Lien Khuong airport to the center of Da Lat city, you can choose the Airport shuttle bus. It’s an affordable and suitable option for travelers who have light luggage and travel alone.
Airport buses run continuously from 6 am until 6 pm at Lien Khuong.
You should check where you stop in advance. If you have booked a hotel before, stop at the bus stop closest to the hotel. If not, please refer to some good-price hotels first and then ask the driver about the location of those hotels.
Going from Lien Khuong airport to Da Lat by bus is only suitable if you travel from 1 to 2 people.
If you are traveling in a group, you should choose other means such as a private transfer or a taxi to save money and time.
Bus routes have a long waiting time, so it can affect your visit schedule.
Bus of Lam Dong Transportation
Route: Mai Anh Dao bus stop – Phu Dong Thien Vuong – Dinh Tien Hoang – Nguyen Thai Hoc – Le Dai Hanh – Hoa Binh – 3/2 street – Tran Phu street – 3/4 street – Highway 20 and stop at Duc Trong bus station.
The reverse journey starts at Duc Trong bus station, goes back to the above points, and ends at Mai Anh Dao bus stop (the starting point).
- Operation time: 5:30 am – 6pm
- Ticket price: 4000 – 30,000 VND / ticket calculated in km.
Lam Dong bus is another option to travel to Da Lat city center.
The bus starts at 5:30 am and has a frequency of 10-15 minutes per trip. Depending on the distance, the ticket price is from 4,000 to 30,000 VND per ticket.
These are great tips!!