If traveling to Seoul by plane, you will land at Incheon international airport, which can be confusing to get around.
How to get from Incheon Airport to Seoul city center? How far is it? How much does it cost?
In this transportation guide, you will find useful information from Incheon Airport to Seoul by train, bus, and taxi, including timetable, ticket prices, and tips.
Incheon Airport to Seoul: Overview
The distance between Incheon Airport and Seoul is about 50 km. You can travel from the airport to Seoul city center by Airport Railroad Express (AREX), Seoul Metropolitan Subway, airport limousine buses, and taxis.
It takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes depending on the route and means of transport you choose.
Taking the Airport Railroad Express is the fastest and most convenient option because it only takes about 43 minutes from Incheon International Airport to downtown Seoul. You can also use airport buses as it stops at several attractions and hotels in Seoul.
|AREX||45 mins||9,500 won ($7.3)||Book train tickets|
|Bus||1.5 hour||16,000 won ($12.3)|
|Car||45 mins||90,000 won ($69)||Book private transfer|
Incheon Airport to Seoul by Airport Railroad Express (AREX)
Airport Railroad Express (AREX) is the fastest way to get from Incheon Airport to Seoul city center. However, the walk from the airport to the train station is quite far and tiring if you have a lot of luggage.
The first train departs at approximately 5:20 am, and the last one leaves around 11:30 pm.
There are two types of AREX trains you can choose:
- Express train: This train departs from Incheon airport to the last station, Seoul Station, taking about 45 minutes. Note that the train goes past a circuit without stopping at any station.
- All-stop train: This train stops at 14 subway stations, and the route takes about 1 hour.
- Express Train: 9,500 won/ adult or 7,500 won/ child.
- All Stop Train: 4,150 won/ Terminal 1 Station or 4,750 won/ Terminal 2 Station
I highly recommend booking your AREX train ticket on Klook at a discount. You can save almost 20% compared to buying directly at the ticket counter at Incheon Airport.
To find the Airport Railroad Express (AREX) train station, you can follow these steps:
- Exit the immigration area and follow the arrival sign.
- Get to the 1st basement floor of the Passenger Terminal
- Arrive at Incheon Incheon Airport Terminal 1
- Head to the express train area and buy tickets
- Go through the gate and take the train
Here is the train schedule from the airport to Seoul and vice versa. You can check the detailed train schedule here.
- From Seoul Station to Incheon Airport: 6:00 – 22:00
- From Incheon Airport to Seoul Station: 5:20 – 23:30
- Travel time: 43 – 65 minutes
- Frequency: 25-40 minutes
- Express Train
- Incheon Airport Terminal 1 Station → Seoul Station 05:23 (first train) – 22:48 (last train). The trip takes about 43 minutes.
- Incheon Airport Terminal 2 Station → Seoul Station 05:15 (first train) – 22:40 (last train) The trip takes about 51 minutes.
- All Stop Train
- Incheon Terminal 1 Station → Seoul Station 05:24 (first train) – 23:38 (last train). The trip takes about 59 minutes.
- Incheon Terminal 2 Station → Seoul Station 05:18 (first train) – 23:32 (last train). The trip takes about 66 minutes.
Incheon Airport to Seoul by bus
Taking a bus is another great option to travel from Incheon Airport to Seoul city center. Compared to AREX, the bus is more expensive, but it stops at several attractions and hotels in Seoul.
There are two types of airport buses: KAL Limousine and regular bus. The KAL limousine bus runs continuously, with few stops, so the travel time is shorter.
You can check bus routes and buy tickets from the ticket booths in Arrivals Hall (1F) of Terminal 1 near Gates 4 & 9 or outside by Gates 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, or 13.
Below are the KAL limousine bus routes. You can check the bus schedules here.
- 6701: Incheon International Airport – City Hall
- 6702: Incheon International Airport – Namsan
- 6703: Incheon International Airport – Gangnam
- 6704: Incheon International Airport – COEX
- 6705: Incheon International Airport – Jamsil
Incheon Airport to Seoul by taxi
Taxi is a suitable travel option for groups of more than three people or if you have children, the elderly, and a lot of luggage. The trip to Seoul takes about 45 minutes.
The price is higher than going by AREX and bus, but it is convenient and hassle-free in return.
Taxi fare begins at 3,800 won with a 20% increased charge from the base fare at nighttime (24:00-04:00). You should choose a gray, orange or white cab as black ones (international taxis) are more expensive.
For the best prices and experience, you can book a private airport transfer from Incheon. You can select vehicle options best suited for your trip.