Da Nang to Hoi An overview
The distance between Da Nang and Hoi An is about 30 km (18.6 miles), and you can travel between the two cities easily by private car, bus, and motorbike.
If you travel in a group, it’s best to hire a private car transfer from Da Nang to Hoi An. It’s a hassle-free and budget-friendly option.
|Bus||1 hour||$6 (€5)||Check bus|
|Private Car||45 mins||$9.5 (€9)||Check car|
Da Nang to Hoi An private transfer
- Cost: $9.5
- Duration: 1 hour
Taking a private transfer from Da Nang to Hoi An is the most convenient option, especially if you travel in a group.
Depending on your group size, you can get a standard 4-seater sedan (3 pax) or a standard MPV (5 pax) that would suit your needs.
You’ll receive instant confirmation after booking, and the driver will contact you via WhatsApp, so it’s easy to arrange the time, pick-up, and drop-off location.
Da Nang to Hoi An bus
- Cost: $6
- Duration: 1 hour
Traveling by bus from Da Nang to Hoi An is another excellent option.
A one-way ticket costs 130 000 VND ($6) per passenger, and the journey takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
There are several buses from Da Nang to Hoi An, and the first bus departs at 8:15 am while the last one leaves at 7:30 pm.
If you arrive at Da Nang airport, you can take Hoi An express for a direct transfer to Hoi An. From Da Nang city, Dong Hanh company offers limousine van services daily.
Hoi An Express
Hoi An Express is a travel company offering a shuttle bus transfer from Da Nang airport to Hoi An. After landing at Da Nang airport, travelers can directly transfer to Hoi An, which takes 1 hour with this service.
The limousine has eight seats.
- Pick-up location: Da Nang airport
- Drop-off location: 30 Trần Hưng Đạo, Sơn Phong, Hội An
Da Nang to Hoi An by bike
If you plan to drive a motorbike to Hoi An from Da Nang city, Vo Nguyen Giap street is the most straightforward route to Hoi An. Here are the two most convenient ways:
- Route 1: From Truong Sa street, turn to Vo Nguyen Giap street and ride along, then turn to Hoi An.
- Route 2: From Vo Chi Cong Street, turn to Vo Nguyen Giap Street, then turn to Hoi An city.
Da Nang to Hoi An public bus
The cheapest way to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An is by public bus. You can take Route 01: Da Nang bus station – Hoi An bus station.
However, this option can be confusing and complicated if it’s your first time visiting the area. Also, it takes a long time to get to Hoi An from Da Nang (1 hour+).
- From Da Nang: Danang City Center Bus Station – Ton Duc Thang – Dien Bien Phu – Le Duan – Tran Phu – Trung Nu Vuong – Nui Thanh – Nguyen Van Troi Bridge – Ngu Hanh Son – Le Van Hien – Bus station Hoi An.
- From Hoi An: Hoi An bus station – Le Van Hien – Ngu Hanh Son – Nguyen Van Troi bridge – Bach Dang – Phan Dinh Phung – Yen Bai – Le Duan – Dien Bien Phu – Ton Duc Thang – City center bus station Danang.
- Frequency: 20 minutes/trip.
- Ticket prices: 20,000 VND/way.
- The number of trips (to and from) in a day: 38 trips.
- Operation hours: 5:30 am to 5:50 pm daily.
Amazing activities in Hoi An
After exploring Hoi An, you can get around the area. Here are some exciting tours that you should take:
- Explore My Son in the morning
- Da Nang Day trip from Hoi An
- Enjoy a fantastic day visiting Cham islands
Best places to stay in Hoi An
- How to plan a great trip to Vietnam
- Best Vietnamese street food you MUST try
- A Comprehensive Vietnam Train travel guide