With a stunning mountain view, Ba Na Hills has become a popular destination in Vietnam among the local as well as foreigners. Visiting Ba Na Hills, you not only enjoy nice landscape and great atmosphere but also participate in various entertainments. Read this article to plan your trip to Ba Na Hills.
How much is the ticket at Ba Na Hills?
The price to enter Ba Na Hills includes the ticket for all cable cars and theme park entrance ticket.
- Adult: 650 000 VND
- Children ( 1m – 1.3 meters): 550 000 VND
This ticket price does not include the price for Wax Museum (100,000 VND/ adult, and free for kids), as well as food and beverage. You can read more about the ticket price here.
Many people book Ba Na Hills tour so it’s more convenient. A tour normally includes:
- Transfers and transportation as per description
- Entrance fees
- Cable car ride
- Bottled water
- English-speaking tour guide (other languages available on request)
- Travel insurance
I booked a Ba Na Hills tour for my family from a hotel I stayed.
Click here to book your stay in Da Nang.
Below are the reviews from the tour I took:
- Do not need to line up to buy a ticket
- Know the way to get to the fastest cable car
- Save money
- Lunch is included
- Transportation: Because it was a tour, the bus driver drove around the city to pick up all the passengers.
- Limited time: You need to follow the time the tour guide listed.
- Food: A lunch buffet was not good in my opinion. There were not many choices, and the dishes were not delicious. However, it depends on each tour because there are many restaurants.
In brief, having a tour guide is much easier if you go on a vacation with your family. However, if you want to have more freedom, it’s better to consider going alone. It was tiring for my family to go after the whole group and could not spend much time exploring.
- If you’re in Hoi An, you can book this tour: Discover Ba Na Hills full-day tour from Hoi An.
- If you’re in Da Nang, you can book tour for Ba Na Hills and Linh Ung Pagoda
Things to bring while visiting Ba Na Hills
If you visit Ba Na hills in the summer, you should buy some suncream and a hat. Also, packing light and have a good pair of shoes are recommended.
What to see in Ba Na Hills?
a) Cable car
Located 45 minutes from Da Nang city, Ba Na Hills has a scenic mountain view with a huge amusement park. In order to reach the top of the hill, you have to take the cable car. The fee is already included in your ticket.
Ba Na Hills’ cable car system is one of the most impressive ten cable car lines in all over the world. You should ask the staff for the fastest cable car line, which was used from 30/4/2017. It shortens your waiting time, and it only takes 20 minutes to get from the foot of the mountain to the Garden. The view from the cable car is totally amazing!
b) Le Jardin d’Amour – Temple – Debay Wine Cellar
When you arrive at the station, take a walk to Le Jardin d’Amour to enjoy the beauty of flowers and statues.
There are various type of flowers in Le Jardin d’Amour
You can freely explore all the gardens, Linh Ung Temple, and Debay Ancient Wine Cellar as well.
A look from the inside of Debay Ancient Wine Cellar. You can also taste wine here with 75,000 VND/glass
The French discovered Ba Na Hills area and built several works such as hotels, swimming pools, etc. However, everything was mostly destroyed during the war, and only Debay Ancient Wine Cellar was left. This place was built by French architects and was dug deep inside the mountain in 1923.
c) Ba Na hills French Village
After that, you can take a short cable ride to the top of the mountain. You can enjoy the lunch at any restaurants, then start exploring the French village.
It looks like Europe, right?
From another corner of the French village in Ba Na Hills
There were beautiful flowers around the French village as well
It was quite dark around 4 pm
The village is not too big, so 30 minutes to 1 hour is usually enough for photos. There are free performances on the stages as well.
d) Fantasy Park
After visiting the French village, let’s go down to a free amusement park. There are 3 underground floors for games only. There are lots of free games, but the queue is very long to get in. You can also enjoy the massages on the 2nd floor.
What to eat in Ba Na Hills?
There are plenty of restaurants and food stands in Ba Na Hills. You can also choose buffet for 200 000 VND/ adult.
Tips to enjoy the best of Ba Na Hills:
- Bring light: You need to walk a lot so it’s better to bring at least at you can.
- Clothes: It’s not too cold on the top of Ba Na Hills, so you only need to bring a light coat or jacket.
- Shoes: You should wear comfortable shoes or slippers because you’ll need to walk a lot.
- Ticket: You should book the ticket in advance because the ticket line is very long.
- Time: It’s better to get there early from 8 am. It helps shorten the time waiting for the cable cars.
- Don’t go in the summer or Vietnamese national holidays: It’s full of tourist. There are 10 000 – 20 000 people per day, so you will be stuck in the flow of people and cannot enjoy anything.
How to go from Da Nang to Ba Na Hills?
Ba Na Hills is located in Da Nang, Vietnam, so firstly you’ll need to fly to Da Nang International Airport.
Then, you can get a taxi to Ba Na Hills for 600 000 VND both ways, or you can go by any type of transportation.
Signing up for a Ba Na Hills tour is also an option. It is better to visit Ba Na Hills from the morning and leave all your belongings in your accommodation.
Click here to book your accommodation in Da Nang!
Is Ba Na Hills worth a visit?
Locals say if you haven’t visited Ba Na Hills, you haven’t visited Da Nang. However, if you are used to seeing Europe and want something different, Ba Na Hills may be not your cup of tea. If you want to see the mixture between European architecture and Vietnamese temple, also hiding from the hot of Vietnam, don’t hesitate and just go! After taking a tour, I recommend going alone to explore freely.
Hope you will have a great time at Ba Na Hills -:)
*This article was updated on June 1st, 2018