Hey everyone! How are you doing? I need to tell you the exciting news that I got nominated for the Liebster Award for Bloggers last month.
What is the Liebster award?
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers.
Liebster means sweetest, kindest, most helpful, and cute in German! It’s a great way to motivate bloggers for their work and help readers know more about their favorite blogs.
Who nominated me?
I was so happy that Elle from Dressing Danishly wanted to dominate Expatolife for the Liebster Award. She loves my blog, especially the articles about Copenhagen.
Thank you so much for your domination. Here are my answers to your questions
1. Have you ever traveled anywhere you were disappointed? Why?
Yes, I have.
I dreamed of visiting Paris and expected too much about that city, but I was quite disappointed about that trip. I was there in February, and the weather was terrible.
It was snowy, rainy, windy, and foggy during my time there. The architecture was similar to Ho Chi Minh city, where I came from, so nothing was new.
However, I think if I go back in the summer in the beautiful weather, I will have a better image of Paris :)
2. If you could only visit one more country, where would it be?
If I could only visit one more country, I would choose Egypt.
Egypt and its pyramids fascinate me with all the mysterious history and culture. I want to observe and go inside the pyramids. Riding the camel passing the desert is on my bucket list as well.
3. Do you prefer to travel by plane, train or bus?
I prefer to travel by plane because it shortens the travel time. I usually go very light with hand luggage only, so it doesn’t take the time to get on board.
4. Which city do you think has the best fashion?
I think Copenhagen. I remember the first day I visited Copenhagen, and everyone seemed like a model here! Not only tall and good-looking, but Danes also dress well, in my opinion.
5. Hotels v hostels: which team are you?
I’m on the Hostel team. I use hostels mostly because it’s cost-effective and easy to meet new people. Because I travel alone, it’s more interesting to meet new people and hang out with them.
6. If you were to write a book about travel, what would you call it?
– An adventure of a Vietnamese girl –
How does it sound to you?
As a Vietnamese, it isn’t easy to apply for a visa to travel abroad. Also, I’m from a very conservative and traditional family, so it’s not typical for “a girl to go everywhere.”
7. Are there any downsides to traveling?
There are a lot of downsides, mostly about homesickness, missing my friends and family.
8. You’ve got a free one-way ticket to anywhere in the world: where would you pick?
I will go to Copenhagen :) I love this city after living there for one year.
9. Any nightmare stories you can share during travel?
On the first day in Italy, I slept over at my bus stop and just realized when the bus was far away from the city. I had to walk 20 minutes to find another bus, and it was dark in the winter.
10. What are your blogging dreams for 2017?
Since my page reached 1000 views in 1 day, my blogging dreams are brought more informative news about traveling to my lovely readers, and I also get 10000 views per month.
11. Where are you heading to next?
I’m going to explore more about my country! I’ve traveled to many other places, so this is the time to see more of Vietnam.
Additional Liebster nomination requirements
Ten random things about me
- I’m obsessed with ice cream (I love it too much).
- My favorite movie series is the Games of Throne. I am traveling around and visiting all the filming set places. I visited the film set in Seville, Spain, and Dubrovnik to see Kings Landing.
- Studying a few words before going to a new place is always on my list.
- I am a mix of introvert and extrovert.
- My favorite place is the sea. I like stepping into the water and enjoy the coldness that the rain brings.
- When I have free time, I usually stay at home and watch movies.
- Playing musical instruments is one of my hobbies.
- I learned some martial arts to protect myself.
- Once I dreamed of opening a bakery shop.
- My favorite city is Copenhagen :)
My favorite blog
Since I live in many countries, making new friends is one of the most important things.
In How I Make Friends In A New City by Page Traveller, Amy suggested many useful ways to meet new people in new places. I think this is very useful and necessary for expats and travelers.
Questions for My Nominees
1. What is the best memory that you have while traveling?
2. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
3. Have you ever had something romantic while traveling?
4. Do you prefer to go alone or with someone?
5. What is your favorite travel book?
6. What is your worst experience on the road?
7. What/Who inspires you to travel the world?
8. How do you save up to travel?
9. Do you have any advice for a new blogger?
10. Where do you think is the best place to go in the summer?
Rules for Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it, and those who you choose will also help you out.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget.”
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide ten random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post