How to travel from Ninh Binh to Hue?
Route overview to Hue from Ninh Binh
The two most common options to travel from Ninh Binh to Hue are train and bus.
However, I recommend taking a train from Ninh Binh to Hue as it’s the best option. Here are five reasons:
- Scenery: Enjoy a beautiful landscape on the road
- Comfort: Have extra leg-room or a proper bed to lay down
- Local experience: Know what it’s like to travel by train in Vietnam
- Convenience: Get on and off the train station at the appointed time
- Safety: Traveling by train is safer than taking a night bus. Also, you can avoid the overbooking problems that often happen with buses in Vietnam.
Ninh Binh to Hue Train (Recommended)
- Price: from $20
- Duration: 11 hours
Traveling from Ninh Binh to Hue by train is the most comfortable option. The distance from Ninh Binh railway station to Hue railway station is approximately 573 km.
Food and drinks can be purchased on a train from Ninh Binh to Hue.
When booking train tickets online to Hue, you can choose either:
- Soft seat (a vinyl-covered seat)
- Sleeper 6-berth (three tiers of beds which make up six berths per cabin)
- Sleeper 4-berth (four berths per cabin)
I would recommend selecting a sleeper bed instead of a soft seat to be more comfortable and relaxing during the journey.
Private Trains to Hue from Ninh Binh
- Price: $70
Livitrans and Viollet Express Train are two companies offering private trains for this route.
The 4-bed cabins are covered with wood and equipped with luxurious equipment, clean and cozy bedding. There are clean and modern washrooms and toilets up to 5 * standard in each car.
- Ninh Binh railway station: 1 Hoang Hoa Tham Road, Than District, Ninh Binh City
- Hue railway station: 2 Bui Thi Xuan Street, Hue, Thừa Thiên–Hue Province
Passengers can bring up to 20 kg per adult or 10 kg per child, and the bags should be wrapped neatly and reliably.
Read more: Check my Vietnam train travel guide for more tips.
How to book train tickets from Ninh Binh to Hue
After entering your desired travel date, you will see the available options and timetable for that day. A bonus point is that you will be able to choose your seat or bed while booking online.
When your booking is confirmed, you will receive your confirmation email and get ready to travel. Please make sure to read the email carefully and follow the instruction.
For bookings with Vietnam Railways and private railway companies New Livitrans Express and Violette Train, you will receive your e-ticket by email, ready to print and present when boarding the train.
Where to stay in Hue
The room is spacious with comfortable beds, and the staffs here are friendly and helpful.
If you’re into partying, you may be interested in staying close to Pham Ngu Lao street.
Hue Nino Hotel is a budget-friendly hotel located conveniently in the city center and near the attractions. The hotel is only a few steps away from Pham Ngu Lao street and restaurants, but it still ensures you have a quiet and relaxing stay.