How to get from Ho Chi Minh to Vung Tau?
Traveling from Ho Chi Minh to Vung Tau
There are four main ways to get from Ho Chi Minh City to Vung Tau: bus, ferry, motorbike, and private car.
Ho Chi Minh to Vung Tau Bus/ Van
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Cost: starts at $4.3 (100 000 VND)
Taking a bus from Saigon to Vung Tau is the easiest way.
Phuong Trang offers regular buses from the FUTA bus center to Vung Tau city. The journey takes approximately 2.5 hours.
The first bus departs at 6 am, while the last one leaves at 7 pm. One ticket costs 100 000 VND.
- Ho Chi Minh: 272 – 274 Đề Thám, P.Phạm Ngũ Lão
- Vung Tau: 192 Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa, Vũng Tàu, Tỉnh Bà Rịa – Vũng Tàu
In case you’re going directly from the airport.
If you’re going from Tan Son Nhat Airport, you can take a direct bus operated by Phu Hai to get to Vung Tau.
Frequent buses depart from Tan Son Nhat airport, with the earliest one leaving at 7 am and the last one departs 9 pm.
A ticket for a normal seat (on a bus) costs 110,000 VND, while a Phu Hai VIP limousine ticket costs 140,000 VND.
- Ho Chi Minh: Tan Son Nhat international parking lot
- Vung Tau: 110 Phạm Hồng Thái, Phường 7, Vũng Tàu
Book bus ticket from Saigon to Vung Tau
You can reserve your ticket easily online with 12go, a trusted travel search engine company providing extensive transportation services in Asia.
By entering your departure day, you can search and find the best option for you and your travel company.
Ho Chi Minh to Vung Tau Ferry
- Duration: 2 hours
- Cost: $10 (220 000 VND)
Taking a ferry is a great way to travel to Vung Tau from Saigon.
From 2016, Greenlines-DP high-speed ferry officially came into operation to bring tourists to Vung Tau city by providing waterway transport for Saigon – Vung Tau and vice versa by catamarans.
Ho Chi Minh City – Vung Tau Route
- Monday to Friday: 8 am, 10 am, 12 pm, 2 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 8 am, 9 am, 10 am, 12 pm, 2 pm, 4 pm
- Estimated duration: 120 minutes
Vung Tau – Ho Chi Minh City
- Monday to Friday: 10 am, 12 pm, 2 pm, 4 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10 am, 12 pm, 1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm, 4 pm
- Estimated duration: 120 minutes
- Ho Chi Minh – Bach Dang Speed ferry terminal: 10B Ton Duc Thang St., Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Vung Tau – Ho May Tourism area pier: 01A Tran Phu St., Ward 1, Vung Tau City
As ferry schedules may vary due to weather conditions and other objective factors, please check with the carrier before your travel date.
Book ferry tickets from Saigon to Vung Tau
You can easily search and book ferry tickets for you and your travel company with 12go.
By entering the departure day, you can compare different options with time and transport providers.
Ho Chi Minh to Vung Tau Private Transfer
- Duration: Total of 4.5 hours (round trip)
- Cost: $81 (round-trip)
The service includes:
- 10 hours car charter, including round trip travel time of 4.5 hours
- Basic English speaking driver
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel costs
- Highway Tolls
- Insurance provided by the operator
- Pick up from Ho Chi Minh City
- Vung Tau
- Drop off at Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh to Vung Tau Motorbike
If you’re interested in going to Vung Tau from Ho Chi Minh by motorbike, here are two options:
From Ho Chi Minh, you can take the National Highway 1A (QL1A).
After crossing the bridge of Dong Nai, you will see a traffic roundabout (Vung Tau crossroads, formerly called Vung Tau fork). From here, you turn right along National Highway 51 and go straight.
After about 100km, you will reach Vung Tau City.
Although this option is quite far, it’s relatively safe if you ride a motorbike at night.
From Ho Chi Minh City, you can take a ferry from the Cat Lai ferry terminal (District 2, Ho Chi Minh City) to Nhon Trach (Dong Nai).
After arriving, turn under Highway 51 and go straight for Vung Tau. This option saves about 20 km, but it does not guarantee safety if you travel at night.
Time to go to Vung Tau by motorbike: 3 – 3.5 hours (without stop).
Ho Chi Minh to Vung Tau Car
In addition, if you’d like to drive to Vung Tau with your cars, you should choose the route to Vung Tau via Long Thanh – Dau Giay highway, which will help shorten the distance to Vung Tau to only about 2 -2.5 hours.
Things to do in Vung Tau
Don’t forget to enjoy tasty and fresh seafood dishes or watch dog racing at night.