Pattaya is a coastal city less than 165km from Bangkok, so most travelers often combine these two places on the same trip.
In this travel guide, you’ll find useful information about traveling from Bangkok to Pattaya by bus, van, and taxi, including timetable, ticket prices, and tips.
Bangkok to Pattaya: Overview
The distance between Bangkok and Pattaya is about 165 km (102.5 miles) to the Southeast, and you can easily travel between the two cities by bus, van, and taxi. Travel time is about 2 to 3 hours, depending on the vehicle type.
If you travel on a budget, it’s best to take a bus or van to Pattaya as the ticket costs about $5. A taxi ride is convenient – expect to pay about $37 for your trip.
|Bus/ Van||2 hours||$5 (€5)||Check bus|
|Taxi||1.5 hours||$37 (€36)||Check taxi|
|Tour||1 day||$44 (€43)||Check availability|
- Guide: Ramayana Water Park, Pattaya Floating Market, and Sanctuary of Truth Museum are popular places to visit in Pattaya. If you travel with kids, check out Underwater World and Art in Paradise. Also, the Elephant sanctuary is a great place to interact and learn about their behavioral patterns.
- Accommodation: Royal Cliff Beach and InterContinental are fabulous places to stay in Pattaya.
- Tour: Join a day tour to Koh Larn, an island off the coast of Pattaya. You can enjoy a beautiful day on the beach or snorkel through gorgeous coral reefs.
- Item: If you visit both Bangkok and Pattaya, I recommend getting the Klook Pass to save up to 39% on attractions.
- Books: You can find more tips and guide with Lonely Planet Thailand Travel.
- Insurance: Don’t forget to buy travel insurance for medical emergencies, trip cancellation, delays, and item losses.
Bangkok to Pattaya Bus
Traveling by bus or van is an excellent option to get from Bangkok to Pattaya.
Roong Reuang Coach, T Tour, Tawanok Tour, and 12go offer daily services to Pattaya, taking about 2 to 3 hours. These buses are quite clean and fully air-conditioned.
On average, there are buses every half an hour or an hour from 5:30 am to 9 pm every day.
The ticket price is about $5 (€5) to $9 (€9). Please come at least 30 minutes before departure for check-in procedures.
I usually prefer taking a 12go van when traveling in Thailand. Their service is great and the driver is friendly and professional.
|Journey time||2 hours|
|Distance||165 km (102.5 miles)|
|Frequency||60 buses per day|
|First bus||5:30 am|
|Last bus||9:00 pm|
|Operators||Roong Reuang Coach, T Tour, Tawanok Tour, 12go|
|Roong Reuang Coach||6:00||8:30||Check ticket|
|T Tour||7:30||10:00||Check ticket|
|Roong Reuang Coach||8:00||10:30||Check ticket|
|Roong Reuang Coach||10:00||12:30||Check ticket|
How long is the bus from Bangkok to Pattaya?
The bus to Pattaya takes about 2 to 3 hours, depending on your locations and bus providers. Please note that the travel time depends on the traffic situation. You should be at the departure point at least 30 minutes before departure for check-in procedures.
How much is the bus ticket from Bangkok to Pattaya?
The bus ticket to Pattaya costs about $5 (€5). Please note that prices may change on weekends and national holidays.
Where are the departure and arrival stations?
When is the first and last bus depart from Bangkok?
The first bus departs at 5:30 am, while the last leaves at 9:00 pm. For the latest schedule, please check here.
Bangkok to Pattaya taxi
Traveling from Bangkok to Pattaya by taxi is a much more convenient and hassle-free option. It’s great if you travel in a group of more than three people, with kids, the elderly or with a lot of luggage.
You can also be flexible and plan your time better when taking a taxi. If departing at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok, there will be a taxi area on the 1st floor of Gate 3.
You can book a private transfer between Bangkok and Pattaya as well. With this option, you can select your car models and enjoy a convenient journey. Also, it is available 24 hours a day, perfect if you’re traveling very early in the morning or late at night.
How to travel back from Pattaya to Bangkok?
You can take a bus, van, or taxi to travel from Pattaya to Bangkok.
However, I recommend you should buy both the return and return tickets to ensure the sightseeing schedule and save costs.